I wasn’t the kid with the super 8. I wasn’t even the skate video guy. In the 90s/00s, I don’t think there were many working-class kids from South London who thought filmmaking was open to them – It’s hard to place yourself in the unknown. I was no exception. But I loved to read, it almost all I did.
Fast forward to an architecture degree – “creative, but not destitute” my millennial-minded African diaspora reasoning – and some agent of chaos misplaces a book titled “film art” in the architecture section. The sky opened up that day.
Half a decade later, I’ve directed some promos, slaved over some docs, transitioned into advertising to feed my earthly shackle and learnt a lot of things from alot of people. Also my mums started to tell people I’m a director.
So basically, time to get started.
- Andrea Jade Colomb Andrea Jade Colomb
- Anthony Nti Anthony Nti
- Arnaud Uyttenhove Arnaud Uyttenhove
- Arno Salters Arno Salters
- Audrey Mascina Audrey Mascina
- Ben Mege Ben Mege
- Cloé Bailly Cloé Bailly
- Cyprien Clément-Delmas Cyprien Clément-Delmas
- Darius Marder Darius Marder
- Denisha Anderson Denisha Anderson
- Ella Jones Ella Jones
- Fanny Hoetzeneder Fanny Hoetzeneder
- Maxim Kelly Maxim Kelly
- Quba Tuakli Quba Tuakli
- Reynald Gresset Reynald Gresset
- Ruben Fleischer Ruben Fleischer
- Ryan Hopkinson Ryan Hopkinson
- Samuel Abrahams Samuel Abrahams
- Sasha Nathwani Sasha Nathwani
- Sergi Castellà Sergi Castellà
- SHUSHU SHUSHU
- Taichi Kimura Taichi Kimura
- Thomas Ralph Thomas Ralph