Maryland born director Rian Johnson graduated from the University of Southern California in 1996, scoring his first major screen credit as the editor of LUCKY MCKEE’S MAY (2002), a gothic horror picture.
Three years later, Rian debuted his first feature, BRICK, a neo-noir starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, at Sundance. The film won a Special Jury Prize for originality of vision. His follow-up THE BROTHERS BLOOM, a con-artist crime story, starred Mark Ruffalo, Adrien Brody and Rachel Weisz. His time traveling sci-fi film, LOOPER, starring Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis, landed on several of 2012’s top-ten lists and won Rian a slew of nominations and awards.
In addition to features, Rian has directed a number of shorts, music videos, commercials and TV episodes — including several highly lauded episodes of Breaking Bad. Recently, Rian wrote and directed STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII and KNIVES OUT.
- Alan Yang Alan Yang
- Arnaud Uyttenhove Arnaud Uyttenhove
- Arno Salters Arno Salters
- Benjamin Mege Benjamin Mege
- Bram Van Riet Bram Van Riet
- Cloé Bailly Cloé Bailly
- Darius Marder Darius Marder
- Elizabeth Orne Elizabeth Orne
- Eric Crosland Eric Crosland
- Hugo Stenson Hugo Stenson
- Jason Woliner Jason Woliner